About Moxie Girl Musings

Moxie Girl Musings is about starting over from square one after tragedy impacted my young family. It's filled with stories of triumph, struggle, snafus, hopes, and dreams. Sometimes there will be features from other writers that I like and every so often I'll include an original short story, but normally I simply write what's on my mind at the time. Welcome to my unfiltered true-life story as I figure out this thing called life. http://www.amberleaeaston.com

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Relentless Pursuit of Her Happy Ending #RomanceNovels #ScintillatingSunday

She broke his heart five years ago, but now that their paths have crossed once again, she intends to do whatever it takes for a second chance at a happy ending. He is reluctant to trust her again...but she's working on it.
Welcome to the Scintillating Sunday Blog Hop where multiple authors share 8 paragraphs of their work that tempt and tantalize. Today we're looking inside book two of the two-part Dancing Barefoot series.

Excerpt....


"I." He kissed her lightly. "Will." He slid his mouth from her lips to the line of her jaw. "Never." His tongue flicked over her earlobe. "Date you." 

Somehow she'd kicked off the high heel and now her barefoot slid up the side of his lower leg. "Yes, you will."

He laughed at her audacity, relieved to see that fire in her eyes. "It is good to know you have big dreams, Jess."

"Ava said you'd make Boston your home base if only I asked." She moved her hand over the bulge in his jeans and grinned with satisfaction. "I know there's a lot of heartache here, that you don't trust me, but the way I see it, you're worth me making a fool of myself over."

He couldn't believe her, even though he wanted to very much. He'd given back the ring, said all he had to say, had vowed to erase her from his heart. The gallery idea with Miranda had slipped from his lips without conscious intent. Looking at her now, he knew it would be too risky to let her close.

"And then what? I leave for South America, you have a fit about me wandering off, we break up again? Is that how this will play out?"

"Technically, we never broke up," she whispered, gaze intent on his. "We never had a fight, I still wore the ring, so did you."

"You're confusing me and I don't like it." His dropped his forehead against hers and tried desperately to reign in his desire. 

From the back cover...

Naked photographs plastered on a book cover remind Jessica Moriarty that the past isn't as dead as she'd assumed. Her carefully constructed life as an architect on the fast track to partnership is threatened by a love she'd abandoned five years ago when responsibilities had trumped dreams.

World-renowned photographer, Jacques Sinclair, could have chosen anywhere in the world for his book signing and photography exhibit, but he'd come to Boston to shake things up. He wanted answers, but they aren't what he expected.

Reunions aren't always happy—sometimes they stir up unwanted pain and forgotten passion. As Jacques and Jessica stumble their way back to one another for a second chance at love, they're ensnared in a web of conspiracy, manipulation, and sabotage designed to keep them apart. Will they be able to break free of the ties that bind them to seize the love of a lifetime? Or will the pressure to conform rip them apart forever?

**This is the conclusion of the two part Dancing Barefoot series. It can be read as a stand-alone, however, to get the full impact of the love story, the author recommends reading book one, In Between.***



 

No comments:

Post a Comment