About Moxie Girl Musings

Moxie Girl Musings is about starting over from square one after tragedy impacted my young family. It's filled with stories of triumph, struggle, snafus, hopes, and dreams. Sometimes there will be features from other writers that I like and every so often I'll include an original short story, but normally I simply write what's on my mind at the time. Welcome to my unfiltered true-life story as I figure out this thing called life. http://www.amberleaeaston.com

Sunday, September 13, 2015

The Language of Love and Lust #Romance Excerpt

Two people from different walks of life--different continents--discover that love is the universal language
Welcome to Scintillating Sunday Blog Hop where multiple authors share 8 paragraphs from their work that they consider 'scintillating." Here we go--a peek inside Dancing Barefoot, the conclusion of the two part series:

Excerpt...

He dropped his forehead against hers and squeezed his eyes closed without letting her go. "I did some things that are unforgivable. Stupid things. Horrible things."

She curved her palm over his jawline. "None of it matters to me."

"It will." When he opened his eyes, pain more intense than anything she'd ever seen filled his gaze. "You'll hate me."

"Tais-toi et embrasse-moi." Shut up and kiss me.

"I thought you hadn't learned French." He smiled.

"I only learned the important phrases."

"Baise-moi," he said.


"Fuck me," she repeated in English, her eyes widening at the command. "Like I said, I learned all the important phrases."



From the back cover...  

Naked photographs plastered on a book cover remind Jessica Moriarty that the past isn't as dead as she'd assumed. Her carefully constructed life as an architect on the fast track to partnership is threatened by a love she'd abandoned five years ago when responsibilities had trumped dreams.

World-renowned photographer, Jacques Sinclair, could have chosen anywhere in the world for his book signing and photography exhibit, but he'd come to Boston to shake things up. He wanted answers, but they aren't what he expected.

Reunions aren't always happy—sometimes they stir up unwanted pain and forgotten passion. As Jacques and Jessica stumble their way back to one another for a second chance at love, they're ensnared in a web of conspiracy, manipulation, and sabotage designed to keep them apart. Will they be able to break free of the ties that bind them to seize the love of a lifetime? Or will the pressure to conform rip them apart forever?

**This is the conclusion of the two part Dancing Barefoot series. It can be read as a stand-alone, however, to get the full impact of the love story, the author recommends reading book one, In Between.**




6 comments:

  1. Love is definitely a universal language. ヅ
    Really enjoyed both your excerpts today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhh! I'm not up to that part in the book again yet Now I'm going to have to drop everything and finish. LOVE IT!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Of all my books, this series is the one that I cherish the most. As an author, it's hard to choose, yes, but this one in particular holds a special place in my heart. I'm happy you're enjoying it.

      Delete