About Moxie Girl Musings

Moxie Girl Musings is about starting over from square one after tragedy impacted my young family. It's filled with stories of triumph, struggle, snafus, hopes, and dreams. Sometimes there will be features from other writers that I like and every so often I'll include an original short story, but normally I simply write what's on my mind at the time. Welcome to my unfiltered true-life story as I figure out this thing called life. http://www.amberleaeaston.com

Saturday, November 8, 2014

We all have twisted branches #life #inspiration

I walked through my yard today, which happens to be a forest. As I looked up at the towering pines, I noticed how some of the branches were extremely twisted and a few trunks tilted sideways. All of these trees stand at least five stories tall. They're majestic despite their imperfections.
Their trunks had curved on this north facing slope so that they could survive. Their branches had twisted around other tree's limbs in search of sunlight. Roots hold them firmly in the earth, unable to alter where Fate grounded them on this dark facing slope, yet they strive upward and do what they need to do to seek the light.
I related to these twisted trees because I feel like my imperfections add to my character rather than subtract from it. I sometimes feel weighted down by the elements with my branches drooping from the weight of life's snow. I adapt. Bend. Twist. Like the trees whose crowns sway in the wind far above me, not breaking but yielding to the pressure of the moment, I continue to strive upward toward the light.

Amber Lea Easton is a multi-published author of romantic thrillers, contemporary romance, women's fiction, and nonfiction. In addition, she is a professional editor and mother of two extraordinary human beings. She currently lives in a small cabin high in the Rocky Mountains where she is completely aware of how lucky she is. To find out more about her books, please visit http://www.amberleaeaston.com.


1 comment: