About Moxie Girl Musings

Moxie Girl Musings is about starting over from square one after tragedy impacted my young family. It's filled with stories of triumph, struggle, snafus, hopes, and dreams. Sometimes there will be features from other writers that I like and every so often I'll include an original short story, but normally I simply write what's on my mind at the time. Welcome to my unfiltered true-life story as I figure out this thing called life. http://www.amberleaeaston.com

Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Matter of Perspective

There are times I think my life is some kind of twisted reality show. Whenever things get weird (which is often), I look over my shoulder and wonder if that's a cameraman or deer lurking in the bushes.  When I muster up the energy to investigate, I am usually disappointed to see the deer staring blankly at me before bolting away.  But still I wonder...does life really need to be this interesting?  And could that have been a cameraman in a deer costume?  Stranger things have happened, no question about that.  


Interesting is good: or at least that is what I tell myself as I'm dodging yet another call from the Mexican bartender who thought me flirting to get more tequila in my margarita was some kind of sign for a love connection.  I'm still not sure how he ended up with my phone number but wish he'd lose it or give up or both.  In the meantime, I am looking for a new favorite Mexican restaurant.  


Then there is my friend who had a love connection via the internet.  After a 6 month or so internet relationship, they decided to meet. She married him the same day she met him.   Yes, you are reading me correctly.  She met him face-to-face on the same day she married him.  Well, a few months later the marriage is in trouble and her now estranged husband is driving around Denver with a trunk full of all of her shoes.  Interesting.  


But don't think I am judging my friend and her internet marriage.  I wouldn't dare.  My on-going adventure with gray area friend leaves me no room for criticism.  Let's just say that our 'relationship' has escalated to some very erotic Skyping sessions that leave me breathless and wanting more.  There are reasons I won't disconnect with the man...and you're right if you say it's because he's sexy as sin. And we have a history.  And...he is interesting.  He keeps me on my toes.  Like I said, no room to criticize here!  


My former mother-in-law swears that my deceased husband, Sean, is now a Magpie bird that follows her around all day and speaks (or would it be chirps?) to her.  She likes to relay his messages every now and then when she's in one of her moods.  These conversations often end up with her crying and talking about what-ifs.  Thank God for caller i.d.!   Enough said on that.  


There is a Chinese curse that says, "May you live in interesting times". Well, I do. We all do.  We all have people in our lives that keep us from getting bored, or at least I hope you do.  Please notice that I am not labeling any of the above situations as good or bad, merely as interesting.  What is good or bad or right or wrong boils down to a matter of perspective.  If you are conservative and/or uptight, me talking about erotic Skyping probably makes you want to find a confessional; but for me that's fun and completely okay.  Just like my friend and her husband who met via the internet...if it really is love, I hope it works out.  If he's scum, I hope she gets her shoes back.  No matter what, it is definitely interesting.  















No comments:

Post a Comment